Sing! Karaoke by Smule
Record duets with popular singers and share them
The Sing Karaoke by Smule app lets you enjoy a karaoke experience on your mobile device.
Sing Karaoke by Smule lets you have a karaoke player and library on you at all times. This app supports almost all Android devices, including smartphones and tablets. The songs in your library can be streamed via the Internet, but you can also download them for offline use.
You can sing alone, or share the experience with friends. There’s even a self-recording option so that you can save the music or video of your performances. You can share those performances with other Sing Karaoke users as well. There’s also a wide range of audio effects that you can apply to your recordings, and this feature is neat since you can really distinguish your recording from the original. You may be impressed by what many Sing Karaoke users are able to accomplish.
Another neat feature that Smule has added is duets. They take popular duets and strip just one of the vocalists rather than both. This gives you the opportunity to sing with your favorite artists, and some of these recordings are among the best that the Sing Karaoke community shares.
Sing Karaoke by Smule is a free app but not necessarily a free service. You’ll get one song free with the app download. All additional songs have to be purchased on a per-song basis. At least you can try the app to determine whether the investment in a sizable karaoke collection is worth it. Be mindful that Smule doesn’t support just any song. The library it offers is quite large, but it’s not comprehensive, and if lacks a song you want, you’ll just have to request it and hope.
- Karaoke on your mobile device
- Record audio or video and share it
- Numerous sound effects
- Pay per song
- Doesn’t support all songs
Wow! We got a ton of great feedback on the last update, thank you! In this version:
Bug fixes and UI enhancements
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.